This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set AdColony as an ad network on the AdTiming Mediation platform.
Before You Start
Make sure you have correctly integrated AdTiming's Rewarded Video Mediation in your application.
Step 1. Create an AdColony Account
- Create an account with AdColonys. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified you can log in at their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application and Ad Zone in AdColony
To gain access to AdColony’s inventory within AdTiming’s Mediation platform, you must first add your app and set up Ad Zones in your AdColony account.
1. Add Your App
- Log into your AdColony account and select 'Setup New App'
- Define the settings for your app
Platform – iOS or Android
Application's Name (App's URL) – Add the AppStore or Google Play URL of your application. If your app is not live yet, you can also enter a temporary name manually.
COPPA – Select if your app is targeted to users under the age of 13 for COPPA compliancy.
Ad Settings – You can customize which Ad Categories you want to utilize.
- Once you’ve entered all your information, select 'Create' to finish.
Please Note: You will need a unique AdColony application per platform (iOS + Android).
2. Setup New Ad Zone
AdColony creates two default placements: one for Video (Interstitial on the AdTiming Dashboard) and on for Rewarded Video. AdColony Ad Zones are the designated placements where ads can be trafficked and monetized in your App. To view your placements or create new placements to run with AdTiming‘s Mediation.
- Click on 'Setup New Ad Zone'
- Ad Zone settings
For Rewarded Video:
- Zone is active - Yes
- Client Side Only? - Yes
- Ad Zone Type - 'V4VC/Value Exchnge'
- Zone is active? - Yes
- Zone Type - 'Interstitial/ Preoll'
- Campaign Filter - All Campaign Types
- Development -> Show test ads only (for dev or debug)? - 'No'
- When finished, hit 'Create'.
Step 3. Retrieve AdColony Parameters
Below Parameters from your AdColony account which need to be inserted into your SDK Network Setup Module on the AdTiming platform.
1. App ID
This is the unique identifier of your application in AdColony’s system. Just click on your App's Name and you will locate the 'AdColony App ID'.
2. AdColony API Key
This is a unique identifier for your AdColony account, which allows the AdTiming Mediation Platform to import performance data from your AdColony account to use in reporting & optimization.
Select the Drop-down menu on the top right of their dashboard, and you will find the 'Account Settings' link.
On the settings page you will find the 'Read-Only API Key'.
3. AdColony Zone ID
This is the unique zone which AdColony will deliver ads to. Select the app you created -> Select the 'Zone Name' -> You will be directed to the below page, where you will find the 'Zone ID'.
Step 4. Configure AdColony’s Parameters into AdTiming Account
Once you obtain this information, you must configure AdColony Parameters in your AdTiming Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of AdColony’s ad inventory and reporting data on AdTiming’s Mediation platform.
1. Once you have both of these parameters, log in to your AdTiming account and go to Mediation -> Ad Network Setup
2. Select AdColony from the list of Available Ad Networks
3. Fill in the 'AdColony API Key' and the 'AdColony APP ID' and click ‘Save’.
4. You will then see AdColony as Active for Mediation Status on your Setup list.
Step 5. Add the AdColony frameworks to Your Build
AdTiming supports both Cocoapods and Manualdownload mechanisms.
To Integrate the AdColony SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you are good to go!
1. Download the AdColony framework
- you can find the lastest AdColony SDK here.
2. Add the AdColony frameworks to your Project
You are now all set to deliver AdColony Network Ads through the AdTiming Mediation platform!