This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set AdMob as an ad network on the AdTiming Mediation platform.
Before You Start
Step 1. Create an AdMob Account
To access AdMob’s ad inventory through AdTiming’s Mediation platform, you must create an account with AdMob. You can do so here.
Please Note: If you don’t have either of these accounts, you can create them during the sign-up process and connect them to your Google account.
Step 2. Create an Application and Ad Unit in AdMob
Next, you must add your app and set up Ad Unit in your AdMob account.
1. Add Your App
- Log into your AdMob account. On your dashboard, click the 'Apps' button.
- A modal will appear where you can either search for your app, add your app manually or simply select an existing app to monetize.
Please Note: You will need a unique AdMob application per platform (iOS + Android).
2. Add Ad Units
- Select a specific app and click on 'Ad units' -> Click on 'ADD AD UNIT'.
- Select Banner, Interstitial, Rewarded Video or Native as your ad unit format and enter the relevant details.
- When you complete all these options, click 'Done' and you will get your App ID and Ad Unit ID.
Step 3. Retrieve AdMob Parameters
Serving AdMob’s ads through the AdTiming Mediation platform has never been this easy. Sign in to your Google account when setting up AdMob on the AdTiming Mediation Setting and we’ll retrieve all the necessary parameters to run AdMob’s Interstitials, Rewarded Video and Banners for you.
1. App ID
App ID is the unique ID assigned to your app on AdMob’s dashboard. To retrieve your App ID, go to 'Apps' tab on the left side bar on AdMob’s platform and click on 'App Settings'. You will then see the application’s settings, as well as the App ID.
2. Ad Unit ID
Ad Unit ID is the unique ID assigned to your app’s ad unit on AdMob’s dashboard. To retrieve your Ad Unit ID, go to 'Apps' tab on the left side bar on AdMob’s platform and click on 'Ad Units'. You will then see the application’s ad units, as well as the Ad Unit ID.
3. Client ID & Client Secret
Client ID and Client Secret is a unique identifier for your AdMob account, which allows AdTiming Mediation Platform to import performance data from your AdMob account to use in reporting data.
- To retrieve your Client ID & Client Secret, go to Google’s API Manager.
- Click on the API Project drop-down at the upper-left of the page, select ‘Create a project’ or select the project you already created for this app:
- In case you are creating a new project for this purpose, provide a Project name in the dialog box that appears and click 'Create'
- In the left sidebar, select ‘Credentials’, then select the ‘OAuth consent screen’ tab. On this page, provide a Product Name. Click Save:
- In the left sidebar, select ‘Dashboard‘, and go to ‘ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES‘:
- Next, ‘Enable‘ the AdSense API
- Select the Credentials tab in the left sidebar. Click the ‘Create Credentials’ drop-down and select ‘OAuth client ID’
- Select Web application, and provide a name for your app. In the fields below, you must enter Authorized redirect URI. You can find it on the AdMob Instance Setting page.
- Click ‘Create‘ and you will be presented with your ‘Client ID‘ and ‘Client Secret‘:
Step 4. Configure AdMob’s Parameters into AdTiming Account
- Log in to your AdTiming account and go to 'Monetize' -> 'Mediation' -> 'Ad Network Setup'
- Select AdMob from the list of Available Ad Networks and click on the 'Edit' icon.
- Insert the App ID and Ad Unit ID in the field of AdMob Unit ID.
- Save your ad unit and Click 'Grant Access' It will return two possible responses: 'Success!' or 'Granted Failed!'. Double check your integration and the information you entered above if Granted Failed. Click 'Grant Access' again until you see 'Success!’.
- Turn on the switch of 'Mediation Status' status for AdMob. You will then see Report API Status of AdMob as is 'Working'.
Step 5. Add the AdMob frameworks to Your Build
AdTiming supports both Cocoapods and Manualdownload mechanisms.
To Integrate the AdMob SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you are good to go!
1. Download the AdMob framework
- you can find the lastest AdMob SDK here.
2. Add the AdMob frameworks to your Project
Step 6. Update Info.plist
If you have added AdMob SDK in your project, you need to update your application Info.plist file, add string value your AdMob application ID GADApplicationIdentifier key. You can find your app ID in the AdMob interface.
Please Note: Be sure to use your actual AdMob app ID instead of the ID listed above .
Importrant! This step is required since the Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.42.0. Failure to add this Info.plist entry will result in a crash with the following message: "The Google Mobile Ads SDK was initialized incorrectly."
You are now all set to deliver AdMob Network Ads through the AdTiming Mediation platform!