This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set IronSource as an ad network on the AdTiming Mediation platform.
Before You Start
Step 1. Create an IronSource Account
- Create an account with IronSource. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified, you can login at their partner login here.
Step 2. Navigation to the App Section
1. First, login in to your ironSource dashboard. Then navigate to the 'APPS' tab on the left sidebar. There you will see a 'New App' button:
Step 3. Enter your App Detail
Select App type
1. Mobile App: Choose the 'Mobile App' type if your app is live in the App Store or Google Play, enter your app’s URL as it appears in the App Store or Google Play and click 'Import App Info':
By default the app name field will automatically populate with the app name from the store:
2. Web App: If your app is a web app, choose this option and add your app’s name and URL:
Note: To create web app please reach out to your account manager or contact IronSource.
3. App Not Live in the Application Store: If your app isn't live yet, simply enter a temporary app name and choose the platform:
1. New Setup
Choose this option to setup your application from scratch.
For each of the app’s types you will need to click the COPPA compliance checkbox if your app targets children audience as defined by the COPPA/ GDPR. For more information go to the ironSource Mobile and Child-Directed Apps Article:
If you’d like the newly added app to be restricted to specific account users only, choose those users using the 'VIEW APP PERMISSIONS' section:
Then select 'Add App'. You will then be redirected to the below window with a success message:
2. Duplicate setup from another application:
This option enables duplication of another application's configurations from your ironSource account. Simply choose the desired application you would like to copy and click 'Add App':
You will then be redirect to the 'SDK Networks' page where you will be able to tailor made the rest of your app’s missing configurations:
Main configurations that will be duplicated:
- ironSource instances
- SDK networks instances
- Waterfall setup per ad unit and mediation group
Note: SDK Networks instances are duplicated without their instance ID and should be updated after creation.
Note: S2S callbacks will not be duplicated and should be configured again.
Your app will now appear on the Applications Management page in the Apps tab. This page provides an overview of all your apps, their platform, monetization ad units and restricted users:
Step 4. Placement Usage
1. By default, your apps will have a pre-defined default placement for each ad unit. If you are looking to award your users with one type of reward in a single location in your app, you’re all set! Just use the default methods provided in the SDK and don’t worry about setting up any additional placements.
Placement, Capping & Pacing Setup
To set up your placements, navigate to Monetize and under Settings ➣ Ad Units on the ironSource dashboard.
Select the app and the ad unit you’d like to set a placement for and click on 'Add Placement'. Alternatively you can choose to edit the Default placement.
- Select the Placement Name from the list or enter a custom name.
- In the Item Name field, name the virtual item that will be rewarded the user for a video completion. Note: You will not see this field or the below for Interstitial Placements, as Interstitials are not rewarded ad units.
- In the Reward Count field, enter the amount of items to reward the user for a single video completion.
- Click 'Save'.
You have successfully added a placement for this ad unit!
Now you can continue and configure Placement Capping and Pacing to enhance the user experience in your app. Simply click on 'Edit' for the placement you’d like to cap or pace.
Cap your ads to a certain amount of impressions per day:
Pace your ads to limit the amount of ads served during a defined timeframe:
Note: Capping and pacing your ads might result in revenue reduction.
Step 5. Configure IronSource's Parameters into AdTiming Account
1. Once you have both of these parameters, log in to your AdTiming account and go to Mediation -> Ad Network Setup
2. Select IronSource from the list of Available Ad Networks
3. Fill in the 'IronSource App Key', 'IronSource User Name', 'IronSource Secret Key' and the 'IronSource Instance ID' and click 'Save'.
4. You will then see IronSource as Active for Mediation Status on your Setup list.
Step 6. Add the IronSource frameworks to Your Build
AdTiming supports both Cocoapods and Manualdownload mechanisms.
To Integrate the IronSource SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you are good to go!
1. Download the IronSource framework
- you can find the lastest IronSource SDK here.
2. Add the IronSource frameworks to your Project
You are now all set to deliver IronSource Network Ads through the AdTiming Mediation platform!