This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set UnityAds as an ad network on the AdTiming Mediation platform.
Before You Start
Step 1. Create a UnityAds Account
- Create an account with UnityAds. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified you can log in at their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application and Placement in UnityAds
Follow these steps to create your UnityAds application:
1. Create Application
- Once you login, navigate to the Developer Dashboard and select the Operate tab
- Then add a new project
- Name your new project and enter the store IDs you wish to publish on (Apple App Store or Google Play). If the game hasn’t been published yet you can always add the IDs later.
2. Create Placement
UnityAds creates two default placements: one for Video (Interstitial on the AdTiming Dashboard) and on for Rewarded Video. To view your placements or create new placements to run with AdTiming‘s Mediation:
- From Operate tab of the Developer Dashboard, select your Project:
- Select Platforms from the left navigation bar to view a list of your Project’s active platforms.
- Select the platform you want to create Placements for.
- Click on 'ADD NEW PLACEMENT'
- The below window will appear and you must fill in the following info:
- Check Rewarded video to make the ads displayed through this Placement unskippable.
- Select the ad Type to display through this Placement (currently, Video is the only option).
- Name the Placement. The Placement ID, which you call in your code implementation, automatically populates based on your entry.
- Check mute audio if you want the ad to default to muted audio.
- If you did not check Rewarded video, you can specify the number of seconds to Allow skip after for ads displayed through this Placement.
- After clicking ‘Save‘, you should see your manually added placement under your default placements.
Step 3. Retrieve UnityAds Parameters
Immediately after you confirm your application, you will be redirected to a summary page open to the 'Monetization Settings' tab. Below parameters from your UnityAds account which need to be input into your AdTiming Network Setup Module in order for UnityAds to work correctly in connection with AdTiming.
Once you obtain this information, you must configure UnityAds Parameters in your AdTiming Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of UnityAds’ ad inventory and reporting data on AdTiming’s Mediation platform.
1. Game ID
Go to Operate tab and select your Project, then select Platforms from the left navigation bar. You will then see a list of all added apps in that project as well as their respective Game IDs.
2. Placement ID
Go to Operate tab and select your Project, then select Platforms from the left navigation bar. Choose the platform you want to see placements for.
Select the relevant application from the available list and under the Ad Placements tab you will see the placement IDs for all your placements. Choose the ID of the default ad type (Rewarded video, video or one of the placements you created)
3. API Key
Navigate to the main monetization dashboard and click on API KEYS. You will then see your API Key.
Step 4. Configure UnityAds’ Parameters into AdTiming Account
Once you have all of these parameters, log in to your AdTiming account.
1. Once you have both of these parameters, log in to your AdTiming account and go to Mediation -> Ad Network Setup
2. Select UnityAds from the list of Available Ad Networks
3. Fill in the 'Unity API Key' and the 'Unity Game ID' and click 'Save'.
4. You will then see UnityAds as Active for Mediation Status on your Setup list.
Step 5. Add the Unity frameworks to Your Build
AdTiming supports both Cocoapods and Manualdownload mechanisms.
To Integrate the Unity SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you are good to go!
1. Download the Unity framework
- you can find the lastest Unity SDK here.
2. Add the Unity frameworks to your Project
You are now all set to deliver Unity Ads within your application!